"True Prayer is an exercise in Love. Love will pray for others."
Do you desire someone to sincerely lift you up in prayer? Someone who will lovingly lift you up in prayer, interceding between
you and your pain, heart break, or the heaviness of depression, to Jesus Christ who heals hurts.
The world is full of people reeling from the hammering of sin. Raging hatred cause people to live in torment, as sin's corruption
spills out of their heart, hurting those around them, and they become their own worst enemy. Are you being hurt by sin, or is
someone in your life hurting? Do you need prayer?
Do you need people who care enough to reach the throne of grace in prayer? Do you need a strong, steadfast intercessor to
pray for you?
Many, many years ago when I was a teenager, we attended a small white church, in a little town. We would go to church early,
about thirty minutes to an hour before services began, to pray. We had three Sunday school rooms behind where the pulpit was
located. The women would go to the room on the right side and the men into the room on the left side of the church to pray.
We would kneel down beside the wooden seats in the dark, with only the stream of light from the door into the sanctuary, and
the light from the window. You could hear the sincere prayers being prayed for the Lord to take over the service, and move
according to His will. We prayed for the Lord to bring those lost in sin, into the fold, to heal and restore his people.
We always returned to the sanctuary refreshed and willing to follow the Lord's direction. The Lord anointed every portion of
the service,the results from the sincere time of fellowship with the Lord, and sincere prayers of the Christians were
always beyond belief, because the normal outcome for sincere, united prayer is awesome.
Intercessory prayer arises from a deep heart-felt need to reach up to the Lord, and know he's listening and intervening, in your
behalf, and others, that you are to lifting up to Jesus, in faith. The Lord hears from heaven, and works beyond your awareness.
We had a dear older lady at that same church who was an intercessor of prayer, everyone in the church would go to her first,
when they desperately needed prayer. When you asked her to pray, she would tell you how long she would pray for you, then
she would tell you that you needed to pray. When she prayed for you, you actually felt as if you were being lifted up and carried,
for the week or two she continually prayed for you. She was called a "prayer warrior" because of her sincerity, and faithfulness to
her God-given ministry of intercessory prayer.
When the power of prayer is part of your daily life, you can see how earnest prayer breaks down the evil that confronts people on
a daily basis, especially in the spirit realm.
The time for the Great Revival is nearing, it's time for the whole body of Christ to unite in prayer from around the world.
The Power of United Prayer
Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven. Matthew 18:19
How powerful would that prayer power be if millions of Christians from around the world were praying, for the same thing at the same time?
How will that sincere, united prayer affect the impact on people around the world, when they start to pray continuously for the
people being ministered to during the Great Revival, and the Christians ministering to them?
(10) And the whole multitude of the people were praying without at the time of incense.
(11) And there appeared unto him and angel of the Lord standing on the right side of the altar of incense.
(12) And when Zacharias saw him, he was troubled, and fear fell upon him.
(13) But the angel said unto him, Fear not, Zacharias: for thy prayer is heard; and thy wife Elisabeth shall bear thee as son, and thou shalt call his name John.
(14) And thou shalt have joy and gladness; and many shall rejoice at his birth.
Wasn't it wonderful that the multitude was outside praying, as the angel of the Lord, prepared Zacharias for the wonderful birth
of John the "baptist", God's chosen "forerunner" to prepare the way for Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour?
(2) Until the day in which he was taken up, after that he through the Holy Ghost had given commandments unto the apostles he had chosen:
(3) To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God:
(4) And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me,
(5) For John truly baptized with water, but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.
(12) Then returned they unto Jerusalem from the mount called Olivet, which is from Jerusalem a Sabbath day's journey.
(13) And when they were come in, they went up into an upper room, where abode both Peter, and James, and John, and Andrew, Phillip, and Thomas, Bartholomew, and Matthew, James the son of Alphaeus, and Simon Zelotes, and Judas the brother of James.
(14) These all continued with one accord in prayer and supplication, with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with this brethren.
Luke 24:49 And, behold, I send the promise of my father upon you; but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.
Acts 2:1 And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.
Because the one hundred and twenty people, who knew Jesus Christ, believed his promise, obeyed Him, and prayed, they
all received the gift of the Holy Ghost, and the power to minister according to the direction and empowerment, of God the
The power of prayer, that leads to obedience, and righteousness, is so great that there is nothing in the whole world that can compare.
Jesus Christ's Intercession with the Father for Sinners
For weak believers
Luke 22:32 But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou are converted, strengthen thy brethren.
Luke 23:34 Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots.
For sending the comforter
John 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you forever.
Special Prayer for the Church
John 17:9 I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.
Our Acceptance Depends Upon
Romans 8:34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even
at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.
Salvation through Jesus Christ's Intercession
Hebrews 7:25 Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing
he ever liveth to make intercession for them.
~ King James version of the Holy Bible with comments by Joan Jessalyn Cox
Copyright Joan Jessalyn Cox © 2013